Monday, October 26, 2009

Indigo - Secret of running low cost

So, here is a fresh incident when on oct 22 I was traveling from Delhi to Hyderabad between 8:30 to 10:30 PM through Indigo Airlines.  Around half way when crew announced about the meals to be served who pre-ordered for that. All of a sudden I too started feeling hungry.  I was traveling after about 6 months to a domestic airline so was even surprised to know that now it is required to tell about food requirement at the time of ticket booking (still not sure).

Anyways, I was still sure that they must be having some extra stuff for me. So, I pressed the button and asked the hostess who attended me if anything veg is available. And she replied to get back on that. She was pretty quick and with a charming smile told 'parantha' is available but it's cold. Thinking better to have some acidity because of a cold stuff rather a hot starvation I said yes please give me that.

I don't blame airlines to charge ridiculously high these days so agreed for a price of 120 bucks as menu indicated and gave a Rs 500 note. She took the note and replied she is not having enough change and will return in some time (of course with a smile :). I was fine with that and so went back to relax for rest of the time. I kind of forgot about the remaining money as I was assure not to worry about it. Guess what? She did not return to me at all which I realized just after getting down.

On my side the fault was trusting to get the change back and kind of forgetting about it. But should this really be expected from the airlines staff? It's simply not ethical and definitely not the right way to manage business running on low costs :D






No comments:

Post a Comment